Every six seconds there is a car accident somewhere in the United States. That adds up to more than 5 million crashes a year. Closer to home, car wrecks in South Carolina kill on average between two and three of our friends, neighbors and loved ones every single day.
Over the past decade, South Carolina has seen on average more than 800 deaths in car accidents every year – and thousands more injuries. Statistics show that South Carolina’s roads are more dangerous than those in many states. The state’s death rate per 100 million miles traveled is 1.57, which is considerably more than the national average of 1.09 and the best state’s tally of 0.57.
Given these facts, it is no wonder that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) calls auto safety a “serious public health problem.”
Even a “minor” fender-bender can cause big trouble. Here are some of the common effects of car accidents:
- Personal injuries
- Doctor and hospital bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Scars and permanent disabilities
- Car damage
- Insurance hassles
- Medical forms and paperwork
- Lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
We can help you make a bad situation better. Just Call Joye. Since 1968, our South Carolina car accident lawyers at Joye Law Firm have helped individuals and families whose lives have been disrupted by an automobile accident.
Find out what we can do for you. Call us now or use this online contact form. The call is free and confidential.
Joye Law Firm has received an AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbell legal directory, and several of our lawyers have been named South Carolina Super Lawyers. The firm has also received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
6 Ways We Can Help If You’ve Been in a South Carolina Car Crash
- We understand what you are going through. Sometimes all you need is someone to listen to you. You need somebody who cares. Our South Carolina car accident attorneys have a combined 110 years of legal experience. We know that injury claims are about more than money. They are about people. Respect, compassion and care are what you can expect from our lawyers and staff.
- We have handled all types of accidents. There is no such thing as a “typical” car crash. Each one is different. Rear-end collisions. Rollovers. Reckless driving accidents. Interstate pile-ups. Wrecks caused by distracted drivers and drunk drivers. Head-on crashes. Tire blowouts. Multi-vehicle collisions. Intersection mishaps. Single-vehicle crashes. Wrecks resulting from car defects. No matter how your accident happened, we know how to take care of you.
- We can take the weight off your shoulders. We can help make sure you get the medical care you need. We can refer you to doctors, specialists and therapists. We can work to cut through the insurance red tape and see that your medical bills are paid. We can help get your car fixed and line up a rental vehicle. We can tend to a thousand little details so you can concentrate on getting better.
- We understand insurance law. Dealing with insurance companies is no fun. You might have heard the phrase “deny, delay and defend.” That is the approach many companies take when someone files a claim. You need an attorney who knows the law and can advocate your rights and interests.
- We get results. For example, we obtained a $5.9 million settlement for a client who suffered a brain injury in a car accident and a $1.15 million settlement for the family of a man killed in a wreck. We went to court and won a $500,000 verdict for a man who suffered a back injury. Please remember that every case is unique. Past results do not guarantee a similar outcome in your case, even if the facts seem almost identical. However, past results do highlight a firm’s experience in serious injury and wrongful death cases. For more details about the results obtained for previous Joye Law Firm clients, please click on the Our Results tab on our home page.
- We are ready to evaluate your claim at no cost to you. There is no charge to talk with us about your case, and no obligation to choose us as your lawyers after we’ve talked.
Medicare Regulations Make It Essential to Hire a Competent Car Accident Lawyer
New Medicare reporting guidelines require attorneys, insurers and plaintiffs to report any personal injury settlement or judgment to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in cases where Medicare has made payments or could make future payments for care related to the injury alleged in the claim. Failure to do so could result not only in CMS placing a lien on the award for Medicare reimbursement, but also fines of up to $1,000 per day. More importantly, failure to follow this reporting requirement could void the injured person’s Medicare coverage. Since most people on Medicare are dependent on this coverage, the harsh effect of the coverage being voided is clear.
The new regulations require mandatory consideration of Medicare’s interests when a Medicare beneficiary (or someone likely to be a Medicare beneficiary within 30 months) settles their car accident case for an amount over certain thresholds. These reporting guidelines apply even if you don’t hire a lawyer.
So what does this mean for you? If you are covered by Medicare and you are involved in a car accident, you are at risk of losing your future Medicare coverage if you do not get proper legal advice. Therefore, it is crucial that you hire a lawyer to help you with your claim, whether you hire Joye Law Firm or someone else.
Talk to a South Carolina Car Accident Lawyer Today
If your life has been shattered by an auto accident, our South Carolina personal injury lawyers can work to help put the pieces back together. Joye Law Firm accepts cases from across South Carolina.
Just Call Joye. Contact us at 877-941-2615 or use this online contact form for a free case review today.