a peek into the history of joye law firmHelping good people is a family tradition
Joye Law Firm first opens it's doors
Joye moves to 5861 Rivers Avenue in North Charleston
Reese Joye is Appointed Chair of the Aviation Section of the Trial Lawyers of America (currently known as the American Association for Justice)
Reese Joye is Appointed Chair of the Criminal Defense Section of the Trial Lawyers of America (currently known as the American Association for Justice)
Reese Joye Serves as Founding President of the SC Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Hired Attorney Mark Joye
Hired Attorney Ken Harrell
$262.5 Million Verdict
$262.5 million verdict for family of deceased child in an automotive product liability claim.
Hired Attorney Christopher J. McCool
$225K Settlement; $7 Million Settlement
$7 million settlement in product liability case involving a defective door latch for a woman who was paralyzed.
$3.5 Million Settlement
$3.5 million dollar settlement in dram shop action (case against store which negligently sold alcohol to a minor) for woman who sustained severe head injuries in car crash caused by the minor.
$5.9 Million Settlement; Hired Attorney Matthew W. Jackson
$5.9 million settlement for client who sustained brain injuries in a car accident.
$5 Million Settlement
$5 million settlement in automotive product liability case for family of woman killed due to defective door latch.
$2.775 Million Settlement; $4.375 Million Settlement
$2.775 million settlement for a man whose leg was amputated after a stairwell collapse.
Joye Law Firm Becomes a Sponsor of the Rotary's Shoot Three and Win Challenge at the Annual Roundball Classic
$2.3 Million Settlement; Hired Attorney Patrick L. Jennings
$2.3 million settlement for man who lost his arm due to unguarded industrial machinery.
- The Joye Law Firm Scholarship Contest is Started
- Ken Harrell Becomes Managing Partner of Joye Law Firm
- Pat Jennings Joins Joye Law Firm
$3.86 Million Settlements
Two separate $3.86 million settlements for families of two men killed in a tractor trailer accident.
- Mark Joye in Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers for the first time.
- Months Before His Passing, Reese Joye Is Recognized by the SC Senate
- Joye Law Firm Opens an Office in Myrtle Beach, SC
- “Joye in the Community” Program is Started to Give Back to the Local Community
- Joye is Named “Corporate Partner of the Year” by Charleston Animal Society
- John Roxon joins Joye Law Firm
- Mark Joye Becomes President of the South Carolina Association of Justice
$3.85 Million Settlement; $250K Settlement; $465K Settlement
- Ken Harrell is Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers for the first time.
- Ken Harrell is Appointed Chairman of South Carolina Injured Workers’ Advocates
- John Decker Joins Joye Law Firm
- The Joye Law Firm Soccer Team Wins the Indoor League Championship
$1.5 Million Settlement; $478K Settlement; Hired Attorney Jeff Gerardi
- Joye Law Firm Become “Lawyers for Gators” by Teaming Up with Goose Creek High School
- Ken Harrell Joins the Board of Trustees for Ashley Hall School in Charleston
- The Joye Law Firm Softball Team Wins the Law League Championship
- Ken Harrell and His Father, Wayne, Complete Their 9 Year Quest to Visit all 30 Major League Baseball Fields
- Joye Law Firm Helps Renovate the Rutledge House
- Joye Law Firm Opens an Upstate Office in Clinton, SC
- Joye Law Firm is Voted “Best Law Firm” in Charleston City Paper for the First Time
- Ken Harrell is Nominated for a Leadership In Law Award
- Joye Goes Green by Implementing Environmentally-Friendly Policies
- Joye Law Firm’s Myrtle Beach Office Moves to Its Current Location at 106 Lansford Court
- Mark Joye is Elected to the AAJ Board
- Ken Harrell is Named One of the Top 40 People to Know in NCHS
- Mark Joye & Ken Harrell are Selected for Inclusion in “Best Lawyers in America” for the first time.
- Ken Harrell is Elected to SCWEA Board
- Ken Harrell is Selected as a “Top 100” by WILG
- Joye Law Firm is Included “Best Law Firm” by US News & World Report
- Sydney Lynn is Selected for Inclusion in Rising Star Super Lawyers
- Ken Harrell is Selected as Best Lawyers’ Workers’ Compensation Attorney of the Year for Charleston
- Jeff Gerardi is Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers for the first time.
- Lindsay Johnson Joins Joye Law Firm
- Mark Joye is Selected as Best Lawyers’ Personal Injury Attorney of the Year for Charleston
- Sydney Lynn is Selected for Inclusion in “Best Lawyers in America” for the first time.