The main ways that an attorney can help an accident victim include:
- Conducting an independent investigation of the accident to find out what really happened.
- Consulting with medical experts and others, such as accident reconstructionists and engineers.
- Filing paperwork on your behalf, making sure to meet all applicable deadlines.
- Negotiating a settlement with the other party or the other party’s insurance company.
- Helping victims get the medical treatment they need, including treatment from specialists.
- Providing information and advice about your case.
- Protecting your rights.
You’ve probably never been through a lawsuit before, which puts you at a serious disadvantage when dealing with insurance adjusters and defense attorneys. Hiring representation of your own simply helps to level the playing field.