Our Charleston attorneys at Joye Law Firm can help you through the confusion and strain that follow a serious accident. Since 1968, we have helped injured individuals and workers throughout South Carolina recover the compensation they deserve and need to move on with their lives, including numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in personal injury and wrongful death cases involving:
Our firm has also assisted thousands of clients obtain workers’ compensation and Social Security disability benefits.
With more than 150 years of combined litigation experience, our attorneys have been named Super Lawyers in South Carolina and received an AV rating from the distinguished Martindale-Hubbell legal directory. For a free case evaluation, call us today at 877-936-9707 or use our online form.
Charleston Hospitals & Medical Centers
If you have been injured in a vehicle or at the workplace, you may need immediate and ongoing medical treatment. Hospitals and other major medical centers located in Charleston, S.C., and the surrounding area include:
- Bon Secours-St. Francis Hospital
- East Cooper Regional Medical Center
- Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) Medical Center
- Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health
- Roper Hospital
- Summerville Medical Center
- Trident Health System
Charleston Court System
Charleston Municipal Court is the court of local jurisdiction for the City of Charleston, South Carolina, and is responsible for adjudicating criminal misdemeanor offenses involving city ordinances and state statutes. This includes traffic offenses and property crimes involving $1,000 or less. Municipal Court is located at 180 Lockwood Blvd # B, Charleston, SC 29403-5152. The telephone number for the Municipal Court is (843) 724-7460.
Charleston County belongs to the 9th Judicial Circuit. The Court of Common Pleas is the Circuit Court branch that has jurisdiction over civil cases in Charleston County in which the value at stake exceeds $7,500. Cases involving less than $7,500 are heard in the Small Claims Magistrates’ Court. The Court of Common Pleas and Clerk of Court are located at 100 Broad Street, Charleston, SC 29401. The court’s general phone number is (843) 958-5000.
The state agency in charge of administering the workers’ compensation laws in South Carolina is the S.C. Workers’ Compensation Commission. The agency is broken into districts, with Charleston forming District 4. Informal conferences and hearings before deputy commissioners are held within this district, while appeals go to the Full Commission and, if necessary, the S.C. Court of Appeals and Supreme Court. More information about the S.C. Workers’ Compensation Commission can be found through their website at www.wcc.state.sc.us.
If you are filing for Social Security disability, your application will be reviewed at the local Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR). If you appeal the decision on your claim, this same office will be where your hearing occurs before an administrative law judge. In Charleston, this office is located at 3875 Faber Place Drive, North Charleston, SC 29405. The phone number is (843) 727-4511.
Contact Our Charleston Personal Injury & Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Today
If you’ve been seriously injured in a Charleston accident, you can trust our attorneys to work to get you the money and benefits you are entitled to receive. Call Joye Law Firm at 877-936-9707 or fill out our free online case evaluation form today.
Additional Charleston, South Carolina Resources
Joye Law Firm does not endorse any of the businesses below, but provides them solely for informational purposes.
If you would like to have your accident related Charleston, South Carolina business listed here, please contact via email: List my Site
- Heartland Rehabilitation Services – The licensed therapists at our Heartland Rehabilitation Services clinics provide comprehensive programs in sports medicine and industrial, pediatric, physical, occupational, speech and orthopedic therapy for patients recovering from major surgery, strokes, heart attacks, neurological and orthopedic conditions, and other illnesses, injuries and disabilities.
- Charleston Collision leverages state-of-the-art auto body repair technology and expertise to correctly restore damaged light to medium duty vehicles for owners in the Charleston, SC metro area.
- Charleston Car Accident Attorney
- Charleston Workers’ Compensation Attorney
- Charleston Defective Products Attorney
- Charleston Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
- Charleston Birth Injury Attorney
- Charleston Brain Injury Attorney
- Charleston Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Charleston Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
- Charleston Personal Injury Attorney
- Charleston Drug Injury Attorney
- Charleston Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
- Charleston Truck Accident Lawyer