Joye Law Firm is pleased to announce its 2019 Scholarship Contest.
The law firm will provide six $2000 scholarships to graduating seniors in South Carolina who plan to attend a four-year institution for higher learning during the fall.
Our selection committee will choose the scholarship recipients based on the creativity of the entry, the students’ school activities, community involvement, leadership positions, individual awards, professional pursuits as well as academic performance.
South Carolina high school seniors interested in applying for a scholarship should submit an application, a recent high school transcript and an original infographic addressing one of the following public safety topics:
- How can young adults address the topic of driving and drinking with their peers? In what ways can young people influence their peers to make more responsible decisions about drunk driving?
- Where do they think employers lack safety measures? Outline some of the riskiest jobs and where the risks of injury are found. The participant must present evidence and statistics to support the visuals.
- In what way can friends cause distractions in a vehicle? What should be done to avoid such situations? What steps can you take to promote safe driving among your friends?
- In what ways are elders abused in nursing homes? Discuss mental, physical and emotional abuse. What are the signs of abuse that family members should look out for?
- Outline some typical cases of personal injury. How do they happen? Where do they occur? What are the common causes and how can they be avoided?
The deadline for applying for a scholarship is April 1, 2019.
The winners of the scholarships will receive notification at their schools’ year-end awards ceremonies. If the school does not have an awards ceremony, the winners of the scholarship will be notified no later than June 30, 2019. Joye Law plans to publish the winning infographics and distribute them to leaders in South Carolina.
Joye Law Firm is celebrating over 50 years of providing trusted legal guidance to people in Charleston, Columbia, Myrtle Beach, Clinton and throughout South Carolina. The Joye Law Firm legal team also is dedicated to giving back to the communities that we serve through a variety of community service efforts including helping students further their educations.
You can find an application form and more information about the Joye Law Firm Scholarship Program here.
For more information about Joye Law Firm, visit https://www.joyelawfirm.com/ or email them at [email protected].