Our Horry County attorneys at Joye Law Firm can help you through the confusion and strain that follow a serious accident. Since 1968, we have helped injured individuals and workers throughout South Carolina recover the compensation they deserve and need to move on with their lives, including numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in personal injury and wrongful death cases involving:

The firm has also assisted thousands of clients obtain workers’ compensation and Social Security disability benefits.
With nearly 250 years of combined litigation experience, our attorneys have been named Super Lawyers in South Carolina and received an AV rating from the distinguished Martindale-Hubbell legal directory. For a free case evaluation, call us today at (888) 324-3100 or use our online form.

Horry County Hospitals & Medical Centers

If you have been injured in a vehicle or at the workplace, you may need immediate and ongoing medical treatment. Hospitals and other major medical centers located in Horry County, S.C., and the surrounding area include:

  • Loris Community Hospital
  • Seacoast Medical Center
  • Loris Healthcare System
  • Conway Medical Center
  • Grand Strand Regional Medical Center

Horry County Court System

Horry County belongs to the 15th Judicial Circuit. The Court of Common Pleas is the Circuit Court branch that has jurisdiction over civil cases in Horry County in which the value at stake exceeds $7,500. Cases involving less than $7,500 are heard in the Small Claims Magistrates’ Court. The Horry County Court of Common Pleas and Clerk of Court are located at the Horry County Government & Justice Center, 1301 Second Avenue in Conway, South Carolina. The court’s general phone number is (843) 915-5080.

The state agency in charge of administering the workers’ compensation laws in South Carolina is the S.C. Workers’ Compensation Commission. The agency is broken into districts, with Horry County being part of District 5. Informal conferences and hearings before deputy commissioners are held within this district, while appeals go to the Full Commission and, if necessary, the S.C. Court of Appeals and Supreme Court. More information about the S.C. Workers’ Compensation Commission can be found by calling (803) 737-5700.

If you are filing for Social Security disability, your application will be reviewed at the local Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR). If you appeal the decision on your claim, this same office will be where your hearing occurs before an administrative law judge. For Horry County, this office is located at Arcadian Office Park, 350 Hilton Road, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572. The phone number is (843) 449-7874.

Contact Our Horry County Personal Injury & Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Today

If you’ve been seriously injured in an Horry County accident, you can trust our attorneys to work to get you the money and benefits you are entitled to receive. Call Joye Law Firm at (888) 324-3100 or fill out our free online case evaluation form today.