Our South Carolina workers’ compensation attorneys at Joye Law Firm can help you deal with the complex process of securing the benefits you deserve for a workplace injury or occupational disease. Respect, compassion and care are what you can expect from our lawyers and staff from the first time you contact us until your case is resolved. It is one of our firm’s client commitments that we return phone calls within 24 hours or one business day
Just Call Joye. You can reach us at 888-324-3100 or fill out an online form for a free case review.
Joye Law Firm has offices in Charleston, Myrtle Beach and Clinton, but our workers’ compensation attorneys are ready to take care of your case anywhere in South Carolina. We represent clients all over our state, including Florence, Richland County, Orangeburg, Columbia, Horry County (including Conway and North Myrtle Beach), North Charleston, Mount Pleasant and Summerville.
The Value of Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
A number of factors affect the value of a workers’ compensation settlement, even if the injuries sustained by workers are remarkably similar. Those factors include:
- The injured worker’s weekly compensation rate (obviously, the higher the rate, the higher the recovery).
- The number of weeks of benefits paid before the case is resolved (in most cases, involving a total and permanent disability recovery, the insurance company receives a credit for all weekly benefits paid prior to the resolution of the case).
- Whether the standard 500 weeks cap applies (lifetime disability benefits can be recovered if the injured worker has sustained a physical brain injury or has some degree of paralysis due to his work injury).
- Whether the injured worker’s future medical coverage is part of the final monetary settlement.
Workers’ Compensation and Statutory Limits
In general, there are statutory caps on what can be recovered in a workers’ compensation case and there is no recovery allowed for intangible damages, such as pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life.
The following is a list of settlements and awards obtained by Joye Law Firm’s South Carolina workers’ compensation lawyers. The results listed are provided to be representative of the types of work injury cases the law firm has experience handling. These results should not be considered as a description or characterization of the quality of the law firm’s work and in no way should be interpreted as a guarantee of a specific result for a potential case.
The value of every workers’ compensation claim is determined based on specific factual and legal circumstances. Some of the numerous factors impacting the amount of a workers’ compensation recovery are addressed in the first paragraph above.
Joye Law Firm is proud of the results our South Carolina workers’ compensation attorneys have achieved, but prior results should not and cannot be relied on to create any expectation about what can be recovered for a client in a subsequent case.
Workers’ Compensation Settlements and Awards
- $478,000 for roofer who sustained multiple injuries, including a brain injury, as the result of a fall
- $465,000 settlement for man who sustained a severe head injury due to a fall from a ladder
- $300,000 for a security officer who injured her spine as the result of lifting boxes. The claim was denied and the settlement was reached after a successful result at the hearing level.
- $298,000 for truck driver who underwent multiple surgeries for her back after injuring it while lifting the hood of her truck
- $288,500 for a man who suffered multiple injuries as the result of falling onto a steel grate
- $285,000 settlement for truck driver with back, left hip and left shoulder injuries after a tractor trailer collision
- $283,400 for a refrigeration mechanic who suffered neck and back injuries after falling off a ramp to a tractor trailer
- $280,953 for a worker who tripped on a sliding door foundation, injuring his back and hip
- $275,000 for a woman who sustained a severe ankle injury and subsequently underwent multiple surgeries
- $275,000 settlement for longshoreman who underwent two surgeries for a back injury
- $255,000 settlement at a mediation for a Myrtle Beach woman who suffered injuries to her back and left leg after tripping over a chair
- $250,000 settlement for a construction worker who fell down a stairwell, resulting in a head injury
- $250,000 settlement and lifetime medical coverage for a longshoreman who sustained non-surgical back and shoulder injuries as the result of a fall
- $226,500 for an auto mechanic who sustained several injuries when a hydraulic block assembly blew up
- $225,000 settlement for construction worker who underwent a fusion surgery after a lifting-related injury
- $225,000 settlement for mechanic who injured his back while twisting to connect wires beneath a dashboard
- $215,000 settlement for construction worker who injured his neck and left arm when a grinder struck him in the face
- $210,000 settlement for port worker who sustained two herniated discs due to repetitive trauma
- $207,500 settlement for retail store employee who injured her back unloading a truck
- $207,500 and lifetime medical coverage for a construction worker who underwent lumbar fusion surgery after slipping and falling on ice
- $205,000 settlement for a physical education teacher who injured her neck and her ankle as the result of a slip and fall due to a wet floor
- $205,000 award and lifetime medical coverage for a drug store employee who underwent a fusion surgery after injuring his back
- $205,000 settlement for heating and air company employee who sustained back and right leg injuries due to a fall from a ladder
- $204,800 for a man who injured his back and legs after falling from a truck
- $200,000 settlement with lifetime medical coverage for employee who sustained neck and back injuries due to lifting a coil of wire
- $200,000 settlement for a building supplies company employee who injured his neck and back as the result of falling from a ladder
- $200,000 settlement for a school teacher who sustained a severe hip injury as the result of a fall on a ramp
- $195,000 disability award for construction worker who injured his back lifting a tank
- $194,812 disability award with lifetime medical coverage for paper mill worker who injured his back while doing maintenance work
- $190,000 settlement for Wal-mart produce stocker who sustained hernia, back, and leg injuries while lifting a heavy pallet.
- $190,000 settlement for a tree service worker whose right arm was severely injured when it got caught in a rope as he fell
- $190,000 settlement with lifetime medical coverage for worker who had a crushed foot injury and who alleged a minor brain injury due to oxygen deprivation during his post-accident treatment
- $190,000 settlement for nurse who injured her back helping a patient get up from a recliner
- $190,000 settlement for power company worker who sustained multiple fracture injuries due to an air compressor exploding
- $190,000 settlement for truck driver who underwent back surgery after a tractor trailer collision
- $187,728 settlement with lifetime medical coverage for chemical company employee who injured his neck while doing roof repairs
- $185,000 for a Charleston assembly line worker who suffered a head and shoulder injury due to a fall at work. Impairment ratings assigned were 5% of the whole person for the head injury and 16% of the shoulder.
- $185,000 settlement with lifetime medical coverage for construction worker who sustained a severe shoulder injury while lifting
- $182,027 disability award with lifetime medical coverage for city worker injured while working on soccer fields
- $180,000 settlement for assembly line worker who injured his back lifting heavy parts
- $180,000 settlement for truck driver who injured both legs in a motor vehicle crash
- $178,860 permanent, partial disability award with lifetime medical coverage for diesel mechanic who injured both knees
- $175,479 disability award with lifetime medical coverage for laborer who injured back, right knee, and stomach due to a fall (employer denied the back injury)
- $175,000 for a nurse who underwent a total knee replacement due to her work accident
- $175,000 settlement for worker who injured his back and both legs when a co-employee assaulted him
- $175,000 settlement with continuing medical coverage for worker who underwent fusion surgery after a work-related car accident
- $175,000 state workers’ compensation settlement for longshoreman who injured his back and left shoulder due to a fall
- $173,000 settlement with lifetime medical coverage for an auto parts store employee who injured his back moving batteries
- $170,000 settlement for a state employee who suffered separate injuries to his low back and his left shoulder as the result of lifting activities
- $170,000 settlement for telephone company worker who had a lumbar fusion surgery after a work-related car accident
- $169,584 disability award with lifetime medical coverage for truck driver who injured his back and left leg while moving a tarp
- $167,000 settlement for construction worker whose left leg was severely injured when a retaining wall collapsed onto him
- $166,115 settlement with lifetime medical coverage for worker who injured his right arm and his neck during trust-building exercises
- $165,000 and lifetime medical coverage for a delivery driver who sustained a severe back injury moving a pallet of materials
- $165,000 settlement for I.T. worker who injured both legs
- $162,500 settlement for mechanic who injured his back and left hip
- $160,000 settlement for city worker who injured her back moving a box of paper
- $160,000 settlement and lifetime medical coverage for I.T. worker who injured her back while unloading boxes of computer equipment
- $157,881 disability award and lifetime medical coverage for a police officer who injured her neck and shoulders in a car crash
- $156,000 settlement for truck driver who injured his back due to repetitive trauma
- $154,500 settlement for railroad worker who sustained multiple fracture injuries due to a fall
- $150,322 disability award and lifetime medical coverage for iron worker whose right hand was smashed
- $150,000 settlement for cook who injured her back while cleaning a deep fat fryer
- $150,000 settlement for construction worker who developed chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS) after sustaining injuries to multiple fingers
- $150,000 disability award/settlement for body shop worker (case was tried as employer denied that the employee was hurt on the job)
- $150,000 settlement and lifetime medical coverage for truck driver who underwent back surgery
- $150,000 settlement and lifetime surgical hardware coverage for construction worker who underwent cervical fusion surgery
- $150,000 settlement for a nurse who injured her neck while turning a patient
- $150,000 settlement with lifetime medical coverage for country club worker who injured her back moving a case of drinks
- $150,000 settlement for county employee who injured his back while lifting a gate
- $150,000 for a man who broke his ankle due to falling from a roof
Contact Our Myrtle Beach Workers’ Comp Lawyers Today
If you’ve been injured in a South Carolina workplace accident, you can trust our attorneys to work to get you the money and benefits you are entitled to.
Just Call Joye at 888-324-3100 or fill out our free online case evaluation form.