The following is a list of some settlements and verdicts obtained by Joye Law Firm’s South Carolina personal injury lawyers. The results listed are provided to be representative of the types of cases the law firm has experience handling. These results should not be considered as a description or characterization of the quality of the firm’s work and in no way should be interpreted as a guarantee of a specific result for a potential case.
The value of every case is determined based on specific factual and legal circumstances. In many cases, the amount of the recovery depends on the amount of available insurance coverage. Also, there may be legal restrictions on how much someone can recover even when they have sustained severe injuries.
For example, some of the results listed below refer to recoveries obtained on behalf of injured workers. The settlement amounts listed for those cases are based on third-party liability cases pursued against a party other than the worker’s employer since the amount which can be recovered under our workers’ compensation system is capped.
Joye Law Firm is proud of the results our South Carolina accident attorneys have achieved, but prior results should not and cannot be relied on to create any expectation about what can be recovered for a client in a subsequent case.
Case Settlements and Verdicts
- $262.5 million verdict for family of deceased child in an automotive product liability claim
- $7 million settlement in product liability case involving a defective door latch for a woman who was paralyzed
- $5.9 million settlement for client who sustained brain injuries in a car accident
- $5 million settlement in automotive product liability case for family of woman killed due to defective door latch
- $4.375 million settlement for man who sustained severe head and facial injuries in a tractor trailer accident
- Two separate $3.86 million settlements for families of two men killed in a tractor trailer accident
- $3.85 million settlement for the family of a 21 year-old man killed in an automobile accident when one of his tires blew out.
- $3.5 million dollar settlement in dram shop action (case against store which negligently sold alcohol to a minor) for woman who sustained severe head injuries in car crash caused by the minor.
- $3.5 million settlement for family of a child killed in an automotive product liability claim
- $2.775 million settlement for a man whose leg was amputated after a stairwell collapse
- $2.5 million settlement for man with paralysis injuries due to car’s roof crush defect
- $2.5 million joint settlement for family members injured due to a defective door latch
- $2.3 million settlement for man who lost his arm due to unguarded industrial machinery
- $1.9 million settlement for family whose child was struck and killed by a car
- $1.5 million settlement for the family of a 62 year-old woman who was killed as the result of an automobile accident in Greenville, South Carolina, which was caused by a commercial vehicle driver who ran a red light.
- $1.4 million settlement for worker who sustained crush injuries due to defective equipment
- $1.15 million settlement for family of a man killed in a car accident
- $1.025 million settlement for man severely injured in accident with a tractor trailer
- $1 million settlement in automotive product liability case for man who sustained severe burn injuries
- $975,000 settlement for man who sustained a back injury in a tractor trailer accident
- $900,000 for elderly woman who sustained multiple fracture injuries in an automobile accident
- $810,000 settlement for man who sustained electric shock injuries caused by a coffee machine
- $800,000 settlement for woman injured in a parking garage accident
- $750,000 settlement for woman who had neck and back surgeries after a car accident
- $740,000 settlement for railroad worker who fell off of a piece of equipment due to negligent maintenance, resulting in his sustaining multiple fracture injuries
- $675,000 verdict in Jasper County for woman who sustained a severe shoulder injury as the result of slipping on a cardboard box left on a store’s floor
- $599,000 settlement for family of a woman who was killed due to automobile “roof crush” defect
- $550,000 settlement for truck driver who had back surgery after an accident
- $500,000 verdict in Georgetown County for man who sustained a non-surgical back injury in a car accident
- $480,000 settlement for woman who fractured both heels as the result of a fall from a boat at a boat dealership
- $475,000 settlement for man injured by falling debris while working
- $450,000 settlement for family of child whose leg was severely broken due to falling merchandise in a store
- $405,000 settlement for man whose hand was crushed while working
- $350,000 settlement for woman who underwent back surgery after slip and fall accident
- $330,000 settlement for man injured in fall due to improperly marked wet floors
Contact Our South Carolina Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you’ve been injured in a personal injury accident, you can trust our attorneys to work to get you the money and benefits you are entitled to.
Just Call Joye at 888-324-3100 or fill out our free online case evaluation form.